Here we are at the end of July, the time we have been anxiously anticipating for months, and our child has apparently decided it wants to stay curled up inside Mom yet. I'm wondering if this is due to the fact that it took us so long to get pregnant. Is this nature's way of telling me, you hoped and prayed for this for a year-and-a-half, you're going to get the FULL pregnancy experience?
We of course know that things can progress very quickly, but we had our weekly check-up with the doctor today and nothing had changed from the previous week. We're still somewhat hopeful this kid will come out on its own because some of the steps needing to be taken by my body are done, just maybe not as much as we'd like to see at this point. But then again, one of my friends was dilated to 2 cm for 2 weeks, so just because things progress doesn't always mean Baby is coming out. So to summarize, this kid is going to come out when it wants to whether my body is ready right at this second or not. We are just planning on being on high-alert for the next week.
We have done our part to try and get Baby Steiny to come out. We've bribed it with toys, Chris has threatened to take the money out of it's piggy bank and tried reverse psychology telling it that we don't care if it comes out or not. So far nothing has worked - shocker! That's why I do believe we've got a stubborn kid on our hands. It's already taking after his or her...mom. Yes, I admit I can be extremely stubborn when I want to be. :)
The doctor also told us that part of the reason Baby isn't getting itself into the proper positioning is because it has a big head, aka we were once again told we've got at least an 8-pound kid in there. He also mentioned the number "9" again, which I'm a little less scared of at this point, mostly because I just want the kiddo out, no matter HOW much it weighs!
Everything else checked out good at the doctor. My pulse, blood pressure and weight are still normal. Baby's heart rate was good too.
The doctor did mention the "I" word today - induction. I've been hoping to avoid it because I've heard it can be a harder labor, but if that's what it takes to get Baby out into this world, I'm game. If nothing has happened by Aug. 6, we will head to the hospital and start the process. We have one more doctor appointment next Thursday and if everything is looking the same, we'll schedule our time for that next Monday.
So the good news is, either way, we will have our child here in the next 11 days! It's very exciting to think of it that way!!
Keeping you guys in our prayers! Hopefully the population of Blaine will go up by one soon! :)
ReplyDelete