Thursday, July 12, 2012

Not much happening :(

We made our weekly visit to the doctor on Monday for our 37 week appointment and everything is still looking good. The only thing was that he said Baby isn't making much progress toward being born, but that's OK! We're starting to get very anxious to meet this little boy or girl, but two or three more weeks won't kill us (but the impending return of the heat might!).

But again, everything checked out good for Mom and Baby at the doctor, so that's all that really matters. He did mention again that we're probably going to be having an "above average" sized child, but this time he only estimated its weight at 8.2-8.5 pounds. How he can think he knows to that accuracy I don't know, but at least he didn't use the number 9 this time!!

Stats:
Mom's weight: Up another pound! Hello Water Retention!!! According to everyone I talk to, I've been lucky that my feet and hands haven't swelled up until now and they still aren't bad, but my wedding rings were getting a bit tight, so as a preemptive strike (I don't want to get to the point where they have to cut them off!), I started wearing them on a chain around my neck.
Mom's blood pressure and pulse: Normal
Baby's heart rate: Back up a bit to 132
Stomach measurement: 36 cm, right on track
Baby's position: -2 station, which means Baby is moving in the right direction, but isn't too far down yet.

Like I said, we are both anxious to meet our little person and I am starting to get to the point of just being "done" being pregnant. Thanks to the heat (again, not excited it's returning this weekend and next week), uncomfortableness and some muscle aches, I'm definitely ready to get myself back to some normalcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment