Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's all starting to feel very real...

People often ask me how I am feeling and my answer is usually, "Pretty good. I really can't complain." That answer is completely true, because physically, aside from some muscle aches, I have been feeling good, and have been this entire pregnancy. But my real answer should be, "I'm feeling good, but starting to get nervous since this kiddo is almost here!"

There have been a lot of things going on lately that have reminded me that Baby's due date is only three months away, and we really should be ready for him or her to come anytime now (as my recent family history has proven that babies can come whenever!). I had to pre-register at the hospital, so they have all of my information on file for when we show up. We also took a tour of the hospital this weekend. Our timing is perfect because they just finished a complete remodel of the birthing center, so the rooms are brand-new and lovely. My other signs have been from the person who knows best - my doctor! Not that he's thinking I'm going to deliver anytime soon, but he is starting to ask if I've felt any contractions and is going to start examining me more thoroughly at my next appointment to see if anything is starting. I also have to start going every two weeks, instead of once a month.

While all of these signs are somewhat scary, we're in pretty good shape for Baby's arrival. The nursery is pretty much done. We don't have a car seat yet, but have one picked out (I have four upcoming showers so we'll see if I get the car seat/stroller combo we registered for!). We've got a working list of names that we both agree on, though nothing has been officially decided. And finally, I think we're both definitely ready for parenthood.

It's all starting to feel very real!

No comments:

Post a Comment