Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Baby's first shower

I am very blessed to have wonderful co-workers who went above and beyond throwing me a baby shower this week. Why in April, when I'm due in July, you might ask? Well it is because it was a joint shower for me and another momma-to-be (who also happens to be one of my very good friends in and outside of work). It was wonderful to share the experience with her! I have worked there for almost five years now and it has been the people that I work with who have made that time enjoyable, but the generosity and kindness in gifts to our baby was still overwhelming.

It was held at our offices after work and multiple people contributed yummy food, flowers and decorations to brighten up a few of our conference rooms.
 Here is a look at some of the yummy food. Yes, you do see a plate of pickles. The organizer's fiance thought it was a necessity to include those she said. Too funny!

And the most lovely and delicious cake!


Here's a look at some of the nice gifts and pretty flowers.


And last but not least, here's one of the two moms-to-be! Rachel is due with her little girl in about a month, so our kids will be about two months apart. I can't wait for them to be friends!

Rachel and I both received many wonderful gifts. We both got things off our registry, as well as unique gifts. One of the unique gifts was a laundry basket full of bath stuff, like shampoo and lotion, as well as wipes, hangers and a cute little rattle. I also was lucky enough to get many gift cards to Babies 'R Us, Target and a cool bookstore in St. Paul.

I also got two wonderful blankets, one sewed by my co-worker and one from a store and it might be the softest blanket I've ever felt. Baby stuff is so fun! I also go the much-needed changing table pad and cover and some of the cute bath stuff we registered for, like some washcloths and hooded towels. I also received the little chair that goes in the tub (also ocean-themed).

As you can see, I wasn't lying when I said my co-workers are generous! With more showers already in the works for family and friends, Baby Steinhoff is sure going to be a spoiled kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment