Thursday, January 26, 2012

My how I've grown

When the nurse first told me about the test that is offered to pregnant women that checks for Down's Syndrome and other genetic disorders, she said it would be a quick ultrasound to get a measure of the back of baby's neck, but that you would at least get a peek at the baby.

Boy was she wrong! We got a whole 40 minute session with the ultrasound tech, mostly because they need baby in a very specific position to get the measurement and of course baby's don't cooperate very well sometimes. So we got to see Baby Steiny flipping around, crossing it's legs, opening and closing it's mouth, putting it's arm up and down (maybe even sucking it's thumb!) and turning it's back to us. She finally got the measurements she needed and we got some cute pictures of our darling little one.

We had an ultrasound done at 6 weeks with the reproductive specialist, who wanted to make sure everything looked OK before he sent us back to my regular OB-GYN. But at that time, baby was just a 4 millimeter blob, but it was still our little blob. But now, it looks like a real person in there!

See for yourself...
 Hello world! Here I am all curled up inside my momma.

Already turning it's back on mom and dad, oh boy!

Here's my pretty face! Can you see my little nose and mouth?

If you couldn't see them before, the nice ultrasound lady marked them here.

And finally, my mom and dad's favorite one. Just a little wave hello! You can see my fingers!!


The ultrasound lady said everything looked good. We saw the heartbeat and she measured baby. According to her measurements, we're back to my first due date of July 26 (It got pushed back to the 30th based on the measurements at the 6 week ultrasound). So I guess we can just expect baby sometime at the end of July.

Chris and I both agreed that seeing that ultrasound was the most amazing experience we've ever had. But I'm thinking we're going to have a lot more of these types of experience pretty soon. I for one can't wait to feel that little one doing all those moves! Funny to think that he or she is already flipping and kicking in there, but I have no idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment