While Evan being 6 weeks last week was an important milestone (as each week is!), even more important for me was that it was when I went back to the doctor to make sure everything was OK with me post-pardom.
I have been feeling pretty good, so I was thinking that I would get the thumbs up from my doctor...and I did! Everything healed properly from what he could see and feel and since I wasn't showing any signs of anything else not being quite right yet, I got the full go-ahead to return to my normal life.
Though I did cheat and start running earlier than the 6 weeks since I had been feeling fine. Evan comes with me in his stroller and seems to enjoy it. We usually go right after he naps midday, so he's awake and loves to look at the scenery as it goes by (I run through the park by our house, so there's plenty of trees to look at!).
I started with my short loop through the park, which is between 3.5 and 4 miles. The first few times, I did a walk/run, but have since been able to run the whole loop. As for my pace, it's pretty dang slow, but it just feels good to be out there. My time has gotten faster with each run, so hopefully my body is just building back those muscles that I haven't used for 3 months! I also contribute some of the slow speed to the fact that I'm pushing a 12 pound kid in a stroller - up some hills even!
Enough about me...I know the main reason most people come on here is to see and hear about that beautiful baby boy! He continues to do well and is settling in to more of a schedule each day. His neck is getting much stronger and he is holding his head up for a lot longer now. We had a bit of rough few days at the end of last week when he had a bit of a stomachache (we could tell do the changes in his diapers), but he seems to be back to normal now. I know it will not be the last time we deal with a screaming child for multiple hours, but I'm glad we got through the first time!
The best thing about Evan lately is how smiley he is! I know I shared some photos in the last post, but I can't resist putting up some more! These were all taken on Monday when he was very, very smiley all day. Some is brought on by me doing silly noises or messing around with him, but some are just on his own!




He is such a ham with the camera!!!
ReplyDelete